Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sigur Ros coming to Mpls, but I won't be in town!!!

Damn. Without fail, every single time I head down to Austin, I miss out on a fantastic live act that comes through Minneapolis. It's true that when I'm down in Austin, I'm usually there to see scores of live bands and should be mighty thankful for that. I know this. But still...the inevitability of this pattern drives me nuts! Even more annoying is that the band I miss is typically one I'd sell a kidney to see live. And so, while I'm down in Austin for ACL, Sigur Ros, recently acclaimed by your's truly, has a stop in Minneapolis on Sept 25th for a performance at the Orpheum. Damn.

Dates below, and thanks to Stereogum for rubbing it in my face.
09/17 - New York, NY @ The United Palace
09/18 - New York, NY @ The United Palace
09/19 - Boston, MA @ Bank Of America Pavilion
09/20 - Montreal @ Quai Jacques Cartier
09/22 - Toronto, Massey Hall
09/23 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
09/24 - Chicago, IL @ The Chicago Theatre
09/25 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
09/27 - Denver, CO @ Morrison Red Rocks Amphitheatre
09/28 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Saltair
09/30 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
10/01 - San Diego, CA @ Copley Symphony Hall
10/02 - Los Angeles, CA The Greek Theatre
10/03 - Berkeley, CA @ The Greek Theatre
10/05 - Seattle, WA @ Benaroya Hall
10/06 - Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Theatre
10/07 - Vancouver, The Chan Centre

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember when you missed TVOTR? I saw that show and they were awesome!