Monday, April 14, 2008

Capsule Review - Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!

This is my first try in what I hope will be an ongoing series of capsule reviews. None of this wordy, clever nonsense...just a score (my favorite part) and a sentence or two. A quick way to find out what I like and what I don't.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!


JTM Grade: 95%


A step in the opposite direction from the piano-based records of his recent catalogue, preacher man Nick Cave and his very Bad Seeds pick up right where Grinderman left off last year. Only now he's gone and recorded a thrilling and hilariously haunting masterpiece, perhaps the finest album of his career. The title track is a strong contender for song of the year and proof that Cave is one of the all-time great lyricists.

Watch the video below...

No comments: