Thursday, May 08, 2008

An Evening with My Morning Jacket

I'll post my take on their interesting new album Evil Urges in the next few days, but in the meantime, My Morning Jacket have announced a substantial US tour. They come through Minneapolis on October 2nd for an "evening" at the Orpheum. I prefer MMJ in festival-mode myself, but unfortunately, they're not to be found at ACL or Lollapalooza. Regardless of the venue, they're one of those bands you never want to miss an opportunity to see live, so good news all around. I'll be there. But October?! My god, that seems like a long way out. Looking forward to the show means looking forward to winter's dreadful return. I think I'll keep it out of my mind for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Morning Jacket...or do you mean Fleet Foxes? ha!