Monday, April 28, 2008

Riot goin' on : Sly Stone cancels First Ave gig

The highly-anticipated Sly & The Family Stone concert scheduled for this upcoming Friday at First Avenue has been canceled at the last minute and will not be rescheduled. Bummer! I wasn't gonna make it, but surely there were many, many people excited for this this rare live performance. And now they're left with no explanation other than this cryptic press release below.

Due to scheduling conflicts with some of the members of Sly & The Family Stone, the concert slated for this Friday at First Avenue has been cancelled. The date will not be rescheduled. Refunds at point of purchase.

Well, for you disappointed fans out there, I do have some good news. You can take that refund, probably add another $90 on top of it, and see the ageless Neil Diamond!! He just booked a 2nd night at the Xcel Center for this July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is sad news. It reminds me of the days of drama that I write about in my book, Sly: the Lives of Sylvester Stewart and Sly Stone. Check it out at Amazon.com. You can read an excerpt on my blog.