Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My God! Brian Eno to join David Byrne on tour this fall, including ACL!!

According to this Billboard.com story, what was once wishful thinking, then a tease of a rumor, has now become truth and fact. Instantly going down as one my all time dream concert pairings, it is now official that David Byrne will be joined by Brian Eno on his tour this fall, including Byrne's already announced show at this year's Austin City Limits Music Festival!! That's right, folks. I'll be there. I'll see David Byrne and Brian Eno together on stage performing what is billed as "The Songs of Talking Heads' David Byrne and Roxy Music founder Brian Eno." Despite the title, word is that Eno will also be adding some vintage Roxy Music and solo material to the sets. This is too good to be true. I'm totally geekin' out. That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I shared your exuberance. But his/their timeslot doesn't conflict with anybody I particularly care for, so perhaps I'll check them out with you.