Monday, October 16, 2006

Bonjour

Quebec is indeed a gorgeous gem of a city, exceeding all of my expectations. Vieux-Quebec (Quebec's old town), resides behind fortified walls and within, it's as if you're suddenly transported to Europe. Since French is the national language around here, you quickly forget you're in North America at all.

Every night so far, I've searched the streets and alleys with the hopes of finding a spot with some live music but such venues are either non-existant or simply too difficult to locate for a naive and unresourceful foreigner who knows no French. I'm assuming the latter to be the case. But all is good for the food is delicious and the sangria bountiful.

See below for a couple choice pics of Quebec in case you're curious. As my timing has it, I'm here during the peak fall colors.

No comments: