Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ACL aftershows announced

The ACL Fest official aftershows were announced today.

Here's a quick rundown...
- Manu Chao
- Gnarls Barkley and CSS
- Mike Farris featuring the Roseland Rhythm Revue
- Return of the Butthole Surfers w/ The Kills
- Mugison
- The Black Keys w/ The Black Angels & Jessica Lea Mayfield
- G. Love & Special Sauce
- Conor Oberst w/ Special Guests Jenny Lewis and M. Ward
- Jamie Lidell w/ Black Joe Lewis and The Honeybears
- David Byrne - Songs of David Byrne and Brian Eno
- The Swell Season w/ Bill Callahan
- Drive-By Truckers w/ Shooter Jennings
- Heartless Bastards w/ Dead Confederate & Wax Fang
- Car Stereo Wars
- Okkervil River w/ Man Man & Crooked Fingers
- Jose Gonzalez w/ Neva Dinova & McCarthy Trenching
- Jakob Dylan and The Gold Mountain Rebels w/ Back Door Slam

Nothing jaw-dropping but some interesting options. I'd definitely be game for David Byrne, the Okkervil River/Man Man pairing or the surprise inclusion of Butthole Surfers! But alas, I'm not planning to attend any aftershows this year since 1) I know how exhausted I'll be after each day of the sweatfest and 2) I'll have my baby boy with me on the trip.

No comments: