Saturday, May 27, 2006

Summer '06 Mix

Summer is here in Minnesota and we're about half way through the year. To mark the occasion, I put together a mix of a few of my personal favorite 2006 songs available to date. I recommend that each and every one of you download these tracks (right click, save as...) if you don't have them already...and sooner, rather than later in case the links go bad. I grabbed every mp3 I could find and came surprisingly close to giving you the entire thing. But for the couple I couldn't find, hop over to emusic and sign up for the free trial to download 'em and complete the mix. Then put it all together just like I've done below (no messing with the order now) and enjoy the sounds of some great tunes. May this be at least one soundtrack to your summer of 2006.

1. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
2. Formed a Band - Art Brut
3. Mount Wroclai (Idle Days) - Beirut
4. Stadiums And Shrines II - Sunset Rubdown
5. Violets - Candy Bars
6. I'm Waiting To Know You - The Fiery Furnaces
7. The Henney Buggy Band - Sufjan Stevens
8. Goin' Against Your Mind - Built to Spill
9. Auto Rock - Mogwai
10. According To Plan - I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
11. Good, Not Great - Mission of Burma
12. I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News) - Eagles of Death Metal
13. Steady, As She Goes - The Raconteurs
14. Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives - Voxtrot
15. Munich - Editors
16. Painter In Your Pocket - Destroyer
17. Lightning Blue Eyes - The Secret Machines
18. Cheated Hearts - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
19. Hospital Beds - Cold War Kids
20. An Old Familiar Scene - Elf Power
21. Did I Step On Your Trumpet - Danielson
22. Free Radicals - The Flaming Lips
23. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
24. Insistor - Tapes 'n Tapes
25. The Great Salt Lake - Band of Horses
26. Pour Me Another - Ola Podrida
27. This Is How It Always Starts - Grandaddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your summer mix. I downloaded it (except #2, 'cos there was somethin wron..somewhere)and actually tried to find the rest from eMusic, but couldn´t..

Have a lovely summer!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Crazy = new obsession with Danger Mouse :)